Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Goodnight Book


MY GOODNIGHT BOOK by Eloise Wilkin (1981 Board book 9 1/2 x 6 inches, 12 pages. Western Publishing)
Eloise Wilkins 1981

I have always loved Eloise Wilkin. I grew up with several of her illustrated books. This one made it into our collection after Charlotte was born and it was the first book she would sit through a reading of. It was also the first book she would ask for specifically. She particularly likes the last page where she points out all the toys in the little girl’s room.



There's not much text, just about a little girl getting ready for bed, but the pictures are awfully nice to look at.




And then we say goodnight.

6 comments:

  1. I feel like illustrations look very familiar. I think we must have a book or 2 by the same author and or illustrator. I will investigate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about this book until I saw these images! I wore this book out as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my fave book at a kid!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I would dream of a bedroom like hers

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this! I just rediscovered this childhood favorite yesterday and am in love with the artwork--I always wanted a room like hers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think so many of us love this bedroom!

    ReplyDelete