Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nursery Rhymes

Madeleine is in desperate need of summer shorts so we went to the thrift store this morning for a little shopping. Instead of shorts we came home with 2 dresses for me, a chair for Charlotte, a shoulder bag for Madeleine, 5 pounds of buttons and of course some books. After Charlotte’s nap we decided to spend the rest of this amazingly beautiful afternoon outside. We brought out popcorn and pistachios and glasses of iced tea, read through our pile of books and started sorting buttons.


The book section of Impact is pretty overwhelming. There are shelves and shelves of children’s books and I hardly had time to flip through each one. But each time I got sick of looking and was about to walk away I would pull out a great book. It’s so hard to stop when you don’t know what’s waiting to be uncovered!

Here’s one that kept me going.


illustrated by Sandy Nightingale 1978

As if we need more nursery rhyme books! But I’m quite fond of the illustrations in this one. This is a new illustrator to me, but I’ll be on the lookout for more of her books.






No comments:

Post a Comment